Worship: November 2020
UPDATED NOVEMBER 20, 2020
Join us for worship at 9:15am, either on our livestream or in person. If you join us in person there is information below to keep in mind.
On November 19, 2020, the Joplin City Council voted to re-establish the mask ordinance for all public buildings within the city limits. As of now, it will be in effect through Sunday, February 28. We will comply fully with this ordinance since it does not strike at our ability to worship our God.
At Christ the King, this ordinance includes Sunday morning worship, the evening vespers service, men’s lunch, and our Wednesday evening activities (though the latter is not meeting until January 3). This mandate only covers official, church sanctioned events, what you do on your own time is up to you. Here are some other things to note regarding the ordinance...
- Wear your mask during the entire service or activity (even while in the pew).
- Speakers and worship leaders will not be required to wear a mask.
- You don’t have wear it while you take communion.
- Children under 6 are exempted.
- Those who cannot wear one due to health issues are exempted.
- When this mandate is lifted, CTK will follow suit.
If you want to stay home and watch the livestream, then you are free to do so without anyone questioning your motives. Also, if you want to come to worship and your health prevents you from wearing a mask, then you can attend and we will all know that it is a matter of health and you will not be judged. Otherwise, if you do attend worship, we ask that you completely comply with these guidelines.
We know this continues to be a trying time for everyone. We are praying for you, that you will find your most worthwhile liberty in our Savior and not the dictates of our community.
There will still be numerous precautions in place during this phase.
- There will be no nursery or Sunday school. All our children's activities have been moved to Wednesday evening.
- The offering plate will still be in back and online giving is still an option.
- We ask that you sit in the designated rows with one family unit per row.
- The larger families will need the back middle rows. Also, please let smaller families with young children have the back sides. Many of them may end up wandering around in front of you if you don’t!
- Expect to use the balcony more than normal.