Our church is not an activist movement or a finely tuned organization. Our church, first and foremost, is a family. We enjoy each other. We relish the fact that we have a wide variety of ages. Most of our activities are social, and our best stuff is organic. We are not programatic in our approach to church life. CTK is a place of worship. It is a place to be nourished and revived together. All of our ministry flows out of that priority.
Stuff for the Kids...
- We provide childcare during the worship service for children four and under.
- We offer Sunday School for all ages.
Stuff for the Youth...
- We have Jr High and Sr High Sunday School.
- Wednesday night Bible Study
- Monthly outings, from scavenger hunts to paintball.
- We typically have other, seasonal, outings from retreats to camping trips.
Stuff for the Women...
- We have some Bible Studies that meet in homes for women.
- Mom's with young kids gather for organized playdates.
- On the Second Friday of every month our women get together for fellowship and activities.
- Throughout the school year, we host a Theology Forum for women. We typically meet monthly at Panera Bread Co.
Stuff for the Men...
- We host two different Men's Lunches each week: one in Joplin and one in Carthage. In these groups we read Scripture together and pray.
- We have a Theology Forum that meets at places that have good beer.
- "Man Night" happens when we are on our game. We've sat on porches, sat by a bonfire, and watched movies.
Stuff for Everyone...
- Each month we have a Fellowship Meal together either at the church or a cookout at someone's house.
- We have rotating dinner groups that meet monthly during the school year.
- We have Bible Studies hosted at homes for those who are interested.